Edmonton, AB Here We Come
EDMONTON, ALBERTA – SEPTEMBER 17 & 18, 2016
The Insane Inflatable 5K is coming to your neck of the woods! Get ready to experience the most fun, wild and insane obstacle run in the world. Get “pumped up” for a course filled with the world’s largest and most extreme inflatable obstacles ever created. Here’s your chance to be a kid at heart, and insane by choice!
PLEASE NOTE – PARTICIPANT PARKING
All participant parking will be located at Edmonton Northlands Parking Lot. Please follow event parking signs. The shuttle bus pickup and drop off location is 73rd Street and Borden Park Road- the south end of Northlands Parking.
- Advanced parking passes available beginning Monday, September 12, 2016 in the Edmonton EXPO Centre at Northlands for C$10.00 per vehicle. Hours of operation are currently 10am – 2pm Monday through Friday. Without a pre purchased pass, parking is still available at the standard rate of C$16.00 per vehicle payable at the gate.
- There will be 500 parking passes sold at packet pick up for C$10.00 per vehicle. These will be sold first come first serve, cash only.
FRIDAY PACKET PICK UP
- Save time on Saturday by picking up your race bib on Friday, September 16th. Stop by any time between 3pm – 7pm.
- Minors are not required to show ID in order to pick up their packet. The adult picking up for them will be asked to verify the participants full name and birthday.
- You may pick up a packet for team members, friends or family – however they need to sign their waiver online prior to packet pickup and you will need a picture of the participant’s ID. This can be a photocopy, emailed scan or text. Packets will not be given without presenting this documentation first. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- There will not be participant shirts available at packet pickup.
The location for Friday’s packet pickup is:
9610 – 165th Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5Z 3L3 (MAP)
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 17
|PRICE||PRICE EXPIRES (11:59pm MT)|
|$89||Event Day Only|
|$125||ALL ACCESS PASS (Sign up for any wave time, even if it is full.)|
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 18
|PRICE||PRICE EXPIRES (11:59PM MT)|
|$83||September 17, 2016|
|$89||Event Day Only|
SPECTATORS ARE FREE – SO BRING YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!
RACE DAY INFORMATION
|SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 17
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 18
Team registration is available and encouraged — get your friends, co-workers, gym buds and more to join you at this year’s most insane obstacle run! The largest team will be immortalized on our Facebook page and we encourage you to get insane with your team costumes. Team Captains get some really cool incentives!
ALL ACCESS PASS
Go Big or Go Home! The Insane Inflatable 5K offers individuals the chance to register for the “All Access Pass,” giving them the ability to run in any wave time, even if that wave is sold out. The All Access Pass comes with a special wristband color (handed out at packet pickup), which allows you to enter the starting line corral for any wave time you choose. In addition, it also gives you a $20 merchandise credit to get some sweet swag at our on-site merchandise tent.
Most of our events sell out and often times people do not get to run in the waves their friends are running in. The All Access Pass gets you into the wave with your friends even if it’s sold out. For all you procrastinators out there – you’re welcome!
EVENT DAY INSTRUCTIONS
Get the scoop on everything INSANE. Where should I park? When should I arrive? What should I bring? Is there bag check?
Here are a few key points:
- All participant parking will be located at Edmonton Northlands Parking Lot. Please follow event parking signs. The shuttle bus pickup and drop off location is 73rd Street and Borden Park Road- the south end of Northlands Parking.
- Advanced parking passes available beginning Monday, September 12, 2016 in the Edmonton EXPO Centre at Northlands for $10.00 per vehicle. Hours of operation are currently schedule for 10am – 2pm Monday through Friday. Without a pre purchased pass, parking is still available at the standard rate of $16.00 per vehicle payable at the gate.
- Arrive 1.5 hours prior to your wave time to ensure you have enough time to: park, shuttle to the venue, check in at the Registration Tent, get your bib. check your bag at our complimentary Bag Check Tent and head to the Start Line.
- Participants will have their specific wave time written on their bib. Only runners with the correct wave time be allowed in the starting line area. All others will be turned away NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Credit card purchases will be possible for merchandise, food and beverage at the event.
- Bring your Driver’s License/State ID. You will not be allowed to pick up your bib without it.
- For a C$7 military discount, please use the code: CAN7 when checking out. If you register with a military discount, please bring your military ID when checking in on event day (or pre-event packet pick up when available).
- Please wear appropriate clothing/footwear to get you through the race. Shoes are ok to be worn on all of the inflatables.
- You may bring a lawn chair or blanket. You may not bring weapons, drugs, coolers or outside alcohol. You may bring your own water (including on the course).
All of our venues offer a different and unique running experience. For the most part, we run off-pavement and on grass as much as possible. Certain venues have more grass than others, but we promise to make our course all about the inflatables!
- Approximate 5K (3.1 miles)
- 1-2 water stops depending on the weather (feel free to bring your own water on course with you)
- Start and Finish lines are located next to each other in the Insane Midway
Want to go behind the scenes at the Insane Inflatable 5K? Here’s a chance to support our efforts to create a fantastic event! We are looking for energetic individuals and organizations to provide great customer service to our participants and spectators. All volunteers will receive:
- Customized Insane Volunteer Crew t-shirt.
- Lunch and snacks to keep you energized.
- Access to the Insane Midway full of games, music and food.
- More fun than anyone should have volunteering!
Didn’t have a chance to read and sign the participant waiver during the registration process? Below is a link to download it:
Download the Participant Waiver HERE.